The School Council and Eco Council are made up of representatives from each class.
They meet regularly and help us to understand the concerns and needs of the children. The children develop confidence and communication skills in this role. They have contributed to charity days, ideas for playground resources and suggestions for school lunches.
School Council News
Last year’s School Council got involved in a wide range of activities aimed at improving their experiences at school.
- Moving the Buddy Stop to a better place in the playground
- Joint meetings with Swing Gate and Thomas Coram School Councils to share ideas
- Selling reflectors to promote safety on the way to and from school
- Meetings with Mrs Brown from Herts Catering to give feedback on school lunches which led to changes to the menu
- Making designs for a new Reflection Garden
- Doing a Health and Safety Walk with one of the governors
- Suggesting more whole school themed days or weeks
- Carrying out a walk around school looking at learning environments
The new School Council has met twice this year and they have already made some great suggestions. They recently visited the Victoria allotment in Butts Meadow and are consulting their classmates on ideas for things to grow there over the coming school year.
School Council Members 2019
Maple - Ryan and Annie
Oak - Effie and Max
Beech - Josie and Charlie
Cedar - Joseph and Mila
Hazel - Brooke and Oscar
Eco Council Members 2019
Acorn - Tristian and Amelia
Maple - Wilfred and Imaan
Oak - George and Emily
Beech - Ronnie and Olive
Cedar - Nick and Esme
Hazel - Joe and Ruby